Sunday, July 13, 2008

Week 2 of School Holidays

And so it begins, this last week of Teddy being off from school. One more week and back he goes into the great bliss of school. No more, "I'm bored" 15 seconds after an activity ends. No more "Why can't I watch my show while the girls are up" even though he knows perfectly well that they don't like Mythbusters. No more.

Right now I am eternally grateful we don't live in the States. When I think of the kids being home for 3 months I start to hyperventilate, I admit it. These 2 weeks off in between terms is plenty, PLENTY of time I tell ya, to recharge the batteries and heave ho back into school. 12 weeks off? Good Lord, no wonder stay at home parents get a little nuts.

So everyone, keep your fingers crossed...7 more days and we're back in the swing of things. That is unless you find me drooling in the corner crying for Rosebud...then you'll know the holidays have been extended...either that or it's "droughting" again.

No comments: