Friday, July 11, 2008

This could be the coolest mass produced item ever released to the public


MENTOS GEYSER TUBE
The explosive combination of MentosTM and cola has been a global science sensation from Mythbusters to YouTube and this nifty tube makes it easy. Just add ingredients, pull the trigger and watch the fountain fly metres into the air! MentosTM and cola not included. Ages 8+.


I...must...have....this....
I don't know if it will really work like it does on Mythbusters but I have to try. According to the ad the stream can go up to 25 feet. We've never been able to go beyond 3 feet or so. I don't even care if Teddy is interested in it - he is by the way. It's not even that I'm such a Mythbusters freak, I like the show but Adam...well...I think he needs help. But I have always, always thought this experiment was one of the coolest things I've ever seen.
So here we go and here comes the magic credit card. I'm only going to buy one in case it is a dud, but if it works....ohhhhhh, this could make our next Halloween party the coolest thing to ever hit this continent!!!!! I'll keep you updated!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ryan did this in Year 6 as an experiment. I had to take photos. Word of advice - don't use home brand cola. It doesn't work. We wasted real Diet Coke. Oh, and ours got to about 6 feet, but no higher.

Judie

Mamacita (The REAL one) said...

I agree with you about the Mentos Geyser Tube. Ever since we found it on Steve Spangler.com and ordered it, we've wasted a LOT of diet Coke here. Actually, we ordered two, because, well, the kids were having contests and shows and stuff.

Did you sign up for Steve Spangler's Experiment of the Week? It's absolutely free, and we haven't had a dull day since! http://www.stevespanglerscience.com/experiment-of-the-week.html?source=blog

Unknown said...

I saw Steve Spangler's website when I researching the geyser tube. I didn't check to see if they ship to Australia though because that can be an arm and a leg. Will look into the email thing though - that sounds cool! Thanks for the info!