Monday, July 14, 2008

I Need a Vacation

I let Connor and Tessi stay up about 15 minutes late last night and I'm itching for them to get up early this morning. Why? Because we were watching Barbie-The Princess and the Pauper and last night and didn't get to finish it. Yep, I'm wanting my girls to get up early because apparently I can't wait to find out if Anneliese and Ericka get rescued and returned to their normal lives.

Dear Christ I need a life. Not much of one, just a little one. Here's a case where the Aussie's have life spot-on figured out. Go on vacation every chance you get. 2 days here, 2 days there, a week - 10 days as often as the budget allows. Even if it's just an hour away, you get away. That way you can appreciate your life and enjoy your every day happens more.

That way you don't feel the need to waken your daughters to watch a stinkin' movie about dolls with unrealistic body images and find out the ending to a story that's over a 100 damn years old. Sigh...I need a vacation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are a good Mom...albeit a cynical one, but a good mom, nonetheless.- Tara