Thursday, July 10, 2008

Kung Fu Panda...such a GUY Movie

Yes, I know...I'm supposed to love Kung Fu things and all items Jackie Chan. I understand that the "cool" people like it and I must too. Sigh...sorry this was just not my movie. No offense, it was cute and certainly not a bad way to spend the afternoon, particularly when you're still sick, beats the Hell out of doing laundry. Teddy loves it so it was a good way to get out of the house, get away from the DS and do something but oh my...this was soooooo Ted's flick, not mine.

It was humorous though having Teddy give me the play by play throughout the movie since he had already seen it. I like hearing him explain it because he hasn't already seen 10,000 different Loser gets a chance, blows it, redeems himself and saves the day flicks like I have. So he was sincere in his desire to warn me about the scary parts or tell me that Po would come back and that he would save the day. It's frefreshing to see the lack of cynicism. Unlike me who has had it with the death of orginality in Hollywood.

Yeah, can't wait to see the new Clone Wars movie, now THAT will be new! Wait....new old...ah...old new....oh never mind. Hopefully that won't have pandas sitting on a leopard's face...that's an image I'll take to the grave.

No comments: