Saturday, July 26, 2008

Uh Oh, I Have Sinned...I have Put Myself Before Rugby

My girlfriend called last night with extra tickets to tonight's Bledisoe Cup for Ted & Teddy. An ever holy rugby game. Really it's a big one. They are expecting some 85,000 fans at the stadium for this sucker. However I have plans. Once a month, really every 6 weeks or so, I go out to dinner with some moms I met at Connor's therapy group last year. Some lovely ladies who understand what it's like to parent an Autistic child. We go out to a nice restaurant, without children order expensive food and decadent desserts and talk about things without screaming children. Of course my night out is tonight.

Ted was great about it. Said he really didn't want to go because it's cold and he doesn't want to be around all those people. But a part of me feels bad. I know Teddy would have fun and it is rugby for God's sake, it's Ted's dream. Since he doesn't have daily influx of Minnesota Vikings anymore this is his fix. Then I start really beating myself up. A better mother would have cancelled her plans. I bet June Cleaver would have not only cancelled plans, she would have knitted special scarves for the game. Yep, she would have done it.

Then I remember that June was a fictional damn tv character and they '50's perfect time period that everyone keeps pining for NEVER ACTUALLY EXISTED! Sorry boys, you have a good evening in, Mama's GOING OUT!

Thank you Judie for the offer of the tickets. It was great of you to think of us. You are an awesome friend.

3 comments:

Ted Tencza said...

I am not bitter. It was only one of the best AUS vs. NZ matches ever. Not bitter at all.

Unknown said...

Next time pay for a babysitter. Problem solved. You're management now. Think outside the box and maximize your resources.

Anonymous said...

Um, do not feel guilty...screw June Cleaver, we make enough damn sacrifices day to day for the kids. Enjoy your night out! Good for you :) -Tara