Friday, July 4, 2008

Forgot Most Important Rule...

In my never ending quest to be witty in my writing, yesterday I forgot the number 1 rule of life. Things can always get worse. I finished typing my blog, sent Ted off to work and began whinning in earnest about what I had to do. Then I heard Tessi and Connor were up so I walked in to get them. Tessi was crying and then I noticed, splotchy. Horribly, horribly splotchy. I ripped off her nightgown to see hundred's of hives-like marks on her arms, legs and tush. Crap....there is NO WAY I can take her to school, in fact, these marks are scarey enough that I want her in the dr's office immediately.
So, I called Ted and he, who absolutely could not miss work, didn't get on the train and came home. I was able to rush Tessi to the dr's who said the rash was nothing, but the severe respitory infection she had was the problem. Then I got the "You're the mother of the year look" from the dr for letting her get so sick. Grrr. He then looks at Tessi and says, 'Hmmm, how can she be standing and be this sick? She should have a hard time moving (Tessi, had flung herself off my lap, shouted, "No Mommy,not fair" and was flipping books out of the toy bin. Obviously, I should have known she was sick. Ass....

Tessi is fine by the way. The hives have gone away and she's on antibiotics for the infection. I'm at death's door and Connor has a bit of a cough so us girls are hiding away in the house today. Connor did great at the psychologists office and Teddy did fabulous at the phsyio. I really think we might be ok for next weeks hospital visit.

I do want to write this...yesterday I wrote that I needed a wife and that's not true. I needed a great husband and I have that. Ted could not work from home yesterday, he had stuff he had to do, it was just impossible...and he came home anyway. Thank you Ted. I know yesterday cost you quite a bit. Thank you very much.

No comments: