Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Forget Money Spent on Curing Diseases

Forget time and money spent on space exploration. I want someone to finally crack aprot the mind of the 7 year old boy. Not just mine, but all of them.

Yesterday I took Teddy and his friend Charlie to the Ryde Aquatic Centre. It's an indoor swimming facility. It has a wave pool, 2 story high water slide, a heated spa pool, lap pool and during the holidays a pool with in infatable obstacle course on it. Not bad, eh?

Well we were there, the boys were having fun, did the obstacle course, took a couple laps in the lazy river, splashing each other and playing tag, you know general fun. Got out, got a snack, got back in...whatever. After 1 1/2 hours they pop out and say, "Can we go?" I said, 'What do you mean, like go to the slide?" "No, we want to leave" What are you talking about? We can stay another 2 hours! Then Charlie says, "But we're done. Really" So my understanding self said, "Get back in the water, we haven't gotten my $15 worth yet"

In they go and I watch every move they make. They are smiling, laughing and having a blast. And 5 minutes later they are out again and want to leave. Teddy has the gall to say they are bored. BORED? What could possibly be missing from this place??!! "I dunno, maybe a ball?" is my response. Sighing loudly, I concede defeat and off we go. Grab lunch at Macca's (McDonald's) and then stop to get gas. There is no pay at the pump here so I drag the boys in where they see Star Wars key chains. They were $2 each so I bought them one. Sigh...this was the hit of the day. Not the pool. Not McDonald's. But a key chain with Han Solo on it.

I just don't get them. I really don't.

No comments: