Friday, July 11, 2008

Conversations the Child Rearing Books Never Warn You About

I snapped yesterday and told Teddy we would be spending the day reorganizing his Star Wars collection. He has a bookcase that's full of Star Wars paraphnalia. Only it's been played with and God Forbid anything be put back so you can see it - it's just all shoved onto the shelves.

So we're in there, pulling stuff out, organizing it into bins, putting stuff back together and putting them back on the shelves. Nothing complicated but I find myself amused at what we're saying to each other.
"Is this Han Solo's gun from Episode IV or VII?"
"Where's Obi-Wan's boot?"
"Why does Obi-Wan have nunchucks? Why would the Jedi use nunchucks? I mean don't they have the Force?"
"Oh for the love of Christ! Don't step all over Boba Fett's Slave ship!"

I should be more concerned about explaining the facts of life to Teddy right now but instead I'm having deep conversations on whether or not it's morally ok for the Jedi to use the Force to clean up their rooms or to delibertly mess up an enemies room. 'Cause, if you really hate someone at age 7, what is more deadly revenge on an enemy than messing up their room so their mom finds it? It's a logic, I'm sure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I can so relate to this in more, many more ways than one! We sure do miss you :)- Tara