Tuesday, July 22, 2008

And Today is Supposed to be the First Day Back at School

...yet it isn't. Normanhurst Public students are getting ready to head back today after a long 2 weeks off. But not Teddy. Teddy is sick. I thought yesterday he was starting to get better but when he starting feeling freezing cold and wanted to take a nap during his physiotherapy session yesterday- not the relaxing massaging session, nope, the strenuous workout session. I suspected the fever had returned. Come home to yes indeed, 101.8 and we have a winner. So no first day back for Teddy today. And as he knows, if you're too sick to go to school you're too sick for tv, playstation or DS. He's still sleeping right now, at 7:30 in the morning, even though the girls have been up for an hour screaming.

It's day 4 of a fever so a dr's visit may be in order. It's been more than 6 weeks now that at least one person has been deathly ill in this family. I think this may be a record...if it isn't, I would humbly like to concede the title to the winner and end the competition. I really, really, really think I'm close to hearing the voices and go barking mad. Check the Sydney Morning Herald for reports of Crazy Yank going off the deep end - I don't think I've heard the phrase, "Going Postal here" - I may have to introduce it.

No comments: