Monday, July 28, 2008

No, It's Not Snowing in Sydney

My in-laws just called asking if if was snowing here. Ummmm, no. In fact, it's going to be 14 for a high today (that's about 58 degrees) Apparently it's all over NBC that it's snowing in Sydney for the first time in over 100 years. Um, no it isn't. Then I see there are some reports that it actually isn't snow, but a fair amount of hail in some parts. That may be, but no snow, I swear to God. You just don't get snow in a place this warm.

It's a little humorous that this is all over the US news whereas here in Australia, not a peep. The Sydney Morning Herald has NOTHING about snow, hail or whatever on the website.

I'll keep everyone updated though, if it does snow I will shreik outloud. Teddy will be beyond furious if it does though - he'll have to stay inside and that will chap his little hide.

3 comments:

Owens Family said...

Hey, you need to make some friends in Europe, Asia, Africa, South America, etc so all of your "World Visitors" map will be blue.

Unknown said...

I'm working on it! It's hard to be socialble in all those timezones.

Ted Tencza said...

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/it-looked-like-snow-it-felt-like-snow/2008/07/27/1217097051268.html

It was over in the Lindfield, Roseville and Killara area. Wish I had taken the North Shore line into work, so I could have seen it.