Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Well Mom Left Today

Sigh...she did it. She actually did it. She left us. Sigh....I don't blame her. 6 weeks of sleeping on a couch is enough to make a saint crack. She didn't even crack though. She was sad to leave and a joy to be around the entire time. Hurry back Mom! We miss you already!!

Now we're trying to settle back into the normal routine. I started the laundry and managed to put soap in the fabric softner dispenser. Wooo Hooo! Hurry back Mom!

I invited a girlfriend and her kids over this afternoon. All the boys will get together and play Bakugan and the girls will converge on the princess, babies and Dora stash. We figure we'll let the kids turn on each other like a pack of wolves and we'll sit back with a cup of tea and watch the show. Mutual of Omaha's Wildlife programs have NOTHING on a pack of 6 kids, ages 9 down to 2.

If it gets really bad Penny and I will flank them and lob a round of lollies and chips at them.

2 comments:

Owens Family said...

Wow, I can't imagine how hard it was to was to say good-bye! :(
Glad she was able to help and be there for y'all. Take it slow (yeah, right) while getting into a routine again! (one more reminder-email me! ha)

Linnia said...

Say hi for me!