Monday, October 27, 2008

Connor is a 4 Year Old Female

Grrrr. Connor is truly a 4 year old female. She loves pretty clothes and insists on picking out her attire. If you annoy her (ie..breathe) she will stamp her feet and point out everything you have ever done wrong. She is quite certain that she is in fact, allowed to wear makeup and believes firmly that her younger sister should not. She knows that she LOVES Hannah Montana even though she's never seen an episode and she knows, by God, she knows that she is much prettier than everyone around her.

Maybe I am a dullard, but I honestly wasn't expecting this for a few more years. This morning I found myself blinking hard to my heartbeat as I furiously tried to come up with responses to her ramblings. All I could come to grips with was, "Just do it my way, NOW" Yeah, that was awe inspiring prose.

I think I may just end up cowering behind the Princess vanity until she goes away to college. I think Ted and Teddy are already there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, you just made me feel great about my impending birth of the 3rd boy (4 total in this household!) Thanks :) (Although sorry for the stubborn drama at a mere 4 years old).

Unknown said...

Oh, I don't envy you with 4 in the house. You'll need to have constant weekend getaways to get your estrogen fix and remind yourself that most people don't jump off of furniture.

Anonymous said...

What? They don't?! You really had me laughing at that one because, you definitely hit the nail on the head! Wine and girls night out, that's what I look forward to :)

LOVED the story about Teddy and his macho-man-ness. That is classic. I miss that kid. Tell him Noah said hello.