Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Feeling a Little More Empowered

Car is fixed, not as bad as originally thought. In fact, a lot less than I thought. A friend of mine's ex-husband is a car mechanic who comes to your house. He only charged me for parts!!!! Amazing! If you're in the Hornsby, Australia area and you need an honest mechanic let me know and I'll send you his phone number.

Lice has been treated, pharmacist said I didn't have to treat all the kids, but I will anyway, just to be safe. I've cleaned up a little bit for the inspection but honestly, I don't like these people and the owner of house hates them as much as we do so, to Hell with them. Things are looking up a bit.

A little sad note. I missed calling my father today. Yesterday was his birthday - well I guess now it's today but I didn't get to call him. I'm sorry Dad. I miss you very much and I thought about you all day yesterday and most of today - except the time I needed to call you. I love you. I'll call tomorrow.

Back to the grind, Miss Connor isn't really enjoying me being on the computer.

2 comments:

Linnia said...

Lice suck. My daughter had them in preschool, my oldest had them earlier this year. No matter how short you cut your child's hair, if the other parents aren't treating their kids it just keeps coming back. The only thing that has worked for me with the girls is to make sure that their hair is always tied back when they go to preschool/school/kindy. Katie got lice the one day I left her hair out and let her go with just an Alice band.

I'm glad Trent worked out well for you. And I'm sorry you missed calling your dad, that's the worst thing about different time zones (let alone different countries!).

Anonymous said...

I hear Tea Tree Oil is supposed to help in the prevention of lice. Lisa Monschke's youngest had them and it was a discussion on the Moms Club website. I googled and read about it and it does seem ligit. We've escaped them so far. Mom's birthday was the 20th, was that your Dad's? Its so hard to tell with the time zone differences. Glad to hear things aren't as bad as they seem. Oh, also, GO YOGA MOMMA!! ~ Tara