Tuesday, October 28, 2008

More About Teddy

Oh my, I'm not even sure where to start with this kid...

Over the weekend he and the neighbor kids were bored so they created their own Olympics. The nice touch is that they charged a small fee to play the games so between the 3 of them (and 4 generous parents) they raised $30.40 - all of which they donated to the Breast Cancer Awareness Day. Pretty cool. The HILARIOUS part is when I had Teddy right down the amount of money and what it was being used for he wrote Breath Cancer. As I choked down my laughter and corrected him, he gently said to me, "Mom, in Australia they say breath." No, Teddy, even in Australia, it's breast.

Then he went back outside and was playing with Lachlan again. Ted has moved his weight bench to the back patio now since the owner put the roof up on the patio. He's offered to teach Teddy some weight lifting and the two of them are having "Man Time" out there. Teddy knows upon pain of death that he and Lachlan are not allowed to touch the weights. So I was surprised to notice that the two of them were standing near the weight set, so I went closer to eavesdrop. I managed to hear, "Yep...(deep breath and puff out chest) my dad and I are lifting weights now." I almost hemorrhaged. Lachlan was suitably impressed and Teddy went on about the work he's doing. It's even funnier if you can picture Teddy talking while having his chest puffed out as far as possible - so essentially he's talking while holding his breath.

It's these moments that help keep Teddy alive. I swear I had no idea he could be this funny.

No comments: