Saturday, October 18, 2008

An American Can be Good at Cricket!

Teddy had a great time at cricket today. He had 20 runs, not out and partnered with his friend Seth for a total of 48 runs not out. He also bowled a wicket.

I have it on great authority...meaning every Australian at the oval over the age of 4; that these stats not only mean something, they mean something great. I'll have to take their word for it.

Ted also is doing his part and was assistant scorer today so he can learn the ropes and help score and maybe someday, gulp, umpire a game. I will be charging admission tickets to see that game. I did my part for helping the team also as I went with Penny on a coffee/tea run. Everyone has to make sacrifices you know.

I should also mention Teddy's coach Morgan. Morgan is a young man who has been a tremendous help to our team. I don't know if we'll ever be able to adequately explain to him what his presence has meant to Teddy's team. The boys love him - simply love him. He has an amazing way with them and has taught them a lot. I have to mention also that his mother, my dear friend, reads this blog and I want to suck up because us parents want to hire him as a babysitter on a regular basis. "Morgan's Cricket Training Sleepover Boot Camp" We'll pay, I swear to God almighty, we'll pay. If he takes my girls also I'll pay triple.

Congratulations Teddy. I'm so pleased that you did well. I'm even more pleased that you had fun.

1 comment:

Linnia said...

Teddy was right when he told me over a year ago that he's an Australian now. Those are excellent stats for his age! You do realise though that cricket gets longer and more boring for parents as the kids get older, just as well Ted is showing an interest so you can just pretend and then find something you need to take the girls to instead.