Thursday, October 23, 2008

Teddy Learns His Lesson the Hard Way

Mickie's comment about "sexy momma" reminded me that Teddy has had an unfortunate learning moment this week. Thou shalt not say stupid things in front of thy sister thouest do not wanteth repeated. Ooooh...this is a good one.

For a week or so now Teddy has been saying, "Ooohhh, sexy mama" every chance he gets. It's a phrase he picked up at school and has been having a BLAST saying in front of me because he thinks it annoys me to no end. However, he didn't pay attention to who else he was saying it in front of...or else he didn't think she cared enough...but oh yes, she did.

You see on Monday when we all took the girls to school Connor walked up to one of her preschool teachers and said, "Sexy Momma!" Her teacher Jacque, a VERY pretty little blonde thing looked shocked and asked her what she said. Much to Teddy's horror, Connor repeated it and then said that her brother said it. Teddy turned purple and immediately started backpedaling, actually LYING that he never said it. Then we left with Teddy cringing, "I can't believe Connor said that!! Why would she say that?! I TOLD her not to say that to anyone" Ha, ha, ha. Welcome to my world kid.

Well Connor apparently wasn't done there. After we left she went up to every. stinkin. person. in her room, including parents as they dropped off kids, and informed them of Teddy's phrase dujour. We learned this from Ted when he picked up the girls after school. Teddy's had 3 days to stew about facing people at the girls school. This morning went well, not too many snickers for the Sexy Momma kid.

Hopefully this will teach him a lesson. I doubt it highly as he has two much 8 year old boy in him, though. In the mean time I have to say that I have REALLY enjoyed this Teddyism.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paybacks, when there's not too much emotional trauma involved, are always cause for a good smile. Thanks for sharing this story. ~~Tara

Unknown said...

Oh , there's trauma. Teddy was in tears on Monday when we learned how many people ended up hearing. However I believe he has to learn that if he's going to play there are consequences. That being said, after I was done conforting him, I laughed and laughed and laughed. :)

Anonymous said...

Notice how I said not too much emotional trauma. A lesson is not learned without any trauma. It didn't sound like there was too much trauma and I do hope he's over it already. I am quite certain he learned his lesson as he is a sharp kid. The Halloween Party for MOMS Club is Monday. Noah was mentioning how he is missing Teddy as he remembers the fun they had at Cole's house a few years back. ~ Tara