Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Teddy's Arm Part Deaux

Alrighty, here's a quick update. The x-ray looks GOOD! No extraneous bone forming or bone mis-forming. So now I have to talk to the dr by phone today and see if she thinks we can go straight to the physio or keep the appointment with Belluve tomorrow. Yesterday she was leaning to going back to the hospital because Teddy really should be moving his arm better. However after talking to the radiologist, who said, "WOW! That was some break!" when looking at orginal x-rays, she felt that that the bone was coming along nicely. It's just with a break like this, well, we really are greatful the doctor was able to put his elbow back together. I will post more when I talk to the dr today.

Quick Aussieism before I go. Many Aussies refer to nurses as "Sisters". I knew they called scrub nurses scrub sisters because I have a friend who is one. It's a throwback to when nurses were nuns. However I learned yesterday that ALL nurses are called that. Up on the wall in radiology was a sign asking all women to speak up if they might be pregnant. They were told to tell the radiologist or the sister. S ince we were at the SAN - Sydney Adventist Hospital (no, I don't know what the N is for) I was bit confused they would use a term that referred to Catholics. Since I'm me, I asked the radiologist about it - ya know, rather than ask about my kid, and that's when I learned that all nurses are sisters.

No comments: