Sunday, June 22, 2008

Anyone Need Any Help with Anything?

Seriously, anyone need me to run any errand ANYWHERE. I have not 1, not 2 but THREE people in this house sick with colds. Ted, Tessi and Teddy - hey, it's the 3T's - yes, I just thought of that. It's 5:30 in the morning, I'm not awake enough to be clever. But it's the 3T's who are sick. Connor and I, hmmmm, the 2 C's are fine. I think I just figured out a way to separate us all in the future.

But back to our story...Ted spent almost the entire day in bed yesterday, Tessi spent the entire day with a death rattle and runny nose and Teddy became instantly sick as soon as we pulled away from Jacob's house after we took him home. First I thought he had a runny nose because he was crying but then I realize you don't get a hacking cough and chills from being sad. Connor and I are using our Girl Power to fight off the bad germs. Connor has been saying, "Hurry Mommy, the bad germs are trying to catch us! Go Girl Power!!" Yeah, like I'm running anywhere, even from bad germs.

Girl power must mean something to Connor though because yesterday she lost and I mean LOST Pink Blanket. It's in the house but it is GONE. I have searched EVERYWHERE. Ted even got out of his death bed to look for it. When it was bed time Connor said, "I know!" and ran to her room and came out with the interloper blanket, the one I bought 3 years ago to keep as a spare that Connor would never touch. "I'll use this one" and went to bed. And then slept through the night. This is huge. Seriously, this is tremendous. Just last month when Teddy was hospitalized, Pink Blanket was left in the car so Ted had it while I was home with Connor. She refused the interloper and stayed up until midnight and sobbed herself to sleep in my bed w/o it. This is a girl who will cry out in the middle of the night if it falls 2 inches from her finger tips and she can't see it. Last night was the first night she willingly slept without it in 3 years. I'm afriad to do a dance for joy yet. Fate is fickle, but at least last night she made it.

Christ...I wonder if her bravery just means she's getting sick too....um...does anyone need anything?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a huge leap for Connor. I really hope the bravery means she is in fact getting braver!

As for the colds ... well, you know what things are like in my house!

Judie

Owens Family said...

Geez, considering how sick everyone is, you'd think it was winter or something! Wait a minute.... :)