Saturday, June 28, 2008

My Husband is on a Date with Another Woman

Yep, he's out right now. It's their 4th date. If the season wasn't so short I'd swear it was getting serious. Before the comments start rolling in about whether or not I mind let me add this. ..for this last date I suggested to Ted that he go with Sally, I called Sally to set it up, and I drove to the shopping center and got the free tickets (if you spent $80 you got 2 tix cause they couldn't give the damn tickets away) Not to mention that Sally is very, very cautious about making sure that I am alright with this and does her best to try to get me to go to the games and really has been quite lovely about the whole thing. The one really hilarious thing is that Ted has mentioned this at work and some of his co-workers think that I am the coolest wife on the planet. For certain I am...but it's nice to have others acknowledge it.

Teddy and Will, Sally's son go to school together and played rugby together before Teddy nose-dived off the play set. I can't go to the games because the girls just can't handle the loud noises and the late night. I want to go, I really do, but the reality is that it's just not possible. However Sally can go, in fact she loves rugby and really, it is much safer for all of them to travel together than to go separately. Besides Teddy and Will have a special talent for bringing out the stupid in each other. It's amazing. Separately they can each be a gross and disgusting 7 year old boy (good god, it really is the age isn't it?) but together...wow...they join forces to create a stunning display of toxicity. Honestly, I have no trouble with Ted and Sally being out together because they have to deal with the Dynamic Duo of Dufusity. Better them than me.

So let them have their night out in the freezing cold, watching Australia destroy France (woooo, what a victory) while listening to Teddy & Will seeing who can out gross the other. For me, the girls will be in bed in a hour and I can listen to the silence and drink my wine. Yep, I win...I hope it does get serious between them, maybe next year they'll get Season Passes together!