Saturday, June 7, 2008

Oceanworld or Bust!


It didn't rain today! For the first time in over a weeK! So of course we celebrated by going to Oceanworld in Manly, which is indoors....which could have been done while it was raining. It made sense to us at the time.
Anyway, here is a picture of the kids holding a 5 year old baby saltwater croc. Yep, that's CONNOR touching the "oooky" thing. Miss Thang who has been terrified of most living creatures (except her brother) for more than a year was willing to touch the crocodile. Ted and I were shocked and thrilled. So shocked and thrilled that we decided to find it amusing that Tessi was a bit of a whiny snot while the picture was being taken. In her defense, we had skipped her nap so she was an hour overdue for sleeping. However I don't think the crocodile cared about that so much as Tessi kept grabbing and pulling on it's tail. But then again, he would have gotten Connor and Teddy so I don't think Tessi had a problem with that.
We actually decided to go all the way out to Manly because Teddy was a little dejected that his friend Jacob had to go home after spending the night. It was about 18 hours of sheer heaven for Teddy with Jacob. They played Indiana Jones LEGO on the playstation, ate pizza and drank lemonade - which here in Oz is actually Sprite, played more IJ LEGO on the playstation, fought with swords, watched Alvin and the Chipmonks, slept a few seconds, played IJ LEGO again on the playstation, then ate breakfast, played with actual IJ LEGOS and then of course, played the playstation. Never had so little been so entertaining. It was amazing to watch them together because they were incredible at coming up with stupid things to say and do. Personally, I had no idea that just sitting next to each other could become the funniest comedic performance ever. I take my hat off to parents of multiples, I don't know if I could handle 2 seven year old boys together for so long. I think I gave myself a headache from just shaking my head at them.

No comments: