Saturday, June 21, 2008

Girls can be Funny on a Saturday Morning..

First and formost, this is hilarious because it happened to Ted. I got to sit and read the paper and drink my tea while this went on. If it had been me...well, not so much. But it was Ted and therefore blog worthy.

Tessi walked towards the kitchen teary-eyed and carrying 2 heavy books. She dropped them and of course with our family's luck, both hit her feet and she started to cry. Ted came over saying, "Oh Sweetie, let me help" in a very fatherly-like manner, sounding very, very concerned. I just sat and continued drinking my tea in a very motherly, non-sympathetic way as I had just told her 2 minutes earlier that her feet would stop hurting if she stopped dropping the books on her feet. But that's just me...

Anyway, Ted very lovingly bent down and helped Tessi pick up her books and then she gently gave them to her dad to hold. Ted said, "Ok, Sweetie, where you do want the books?" Choking back a sniffle and having a tear on the edge of her eye she says, "Um, there...on the floor" and walks off leaving Ted stunned and standing there holding the books.

I laughed...OUTLOUD. One of those "cackle from the soul" type laughs. Not too long though, after all Ted was standing right next to me holding the books. Hell, I didn't want them dropped on MY feet.

Then Connor found her pink "lover heart" sunglasses leftover from her birthday party. She had popped the lenses out because a friend of hers had done that only now Connor puts them on OVER her normal glasses. She at least has the good grace to giggle about how silly she looks. That's something.

I would post something funny that Teddy is doing but he and Jacob haven't left the Playstation long enough to be humorous. I consider that a blessing.

No comments: