Friday, June 20, 2008

Flashbacks

I wrote on a friend's Facebook page the other day that I haven't written anything in a few days because I'm not feeling very witty. I then realized that this is a perfect opportunity to write about things that have already happened. My own little flashback. Since I'm actually not all that clever I will call them Flashback Fridays, or Setting the Way Back Machine - or anything other idea I can steal from radio advertising or childhood tv shows.

Here goes, today the Tardis will take us to early 2005...

About 2 weeks before this story starts I found out I was pregnant with Tess....at 24 weeks. Yep, that's ANOTHER Flashback story, you'll just have to wait. Anyway, a friend of mine went out scrapbooking and went to this small store that wasn't our regular scrapbooking haunt. She sat down and picked up a conversation with the lady sitting next to her. Nothing serious, just the usual. "How's the weather, does you husband follow the spurs, are you military" Common questions in San Antonio, I assure you.

Anyway, she and her new friend start chatting away and conversation turns to odd things that have happened in life. WELL, obviously this is where I enter the picture. My friend says something along the lines of, "If you think that's odd, wait until you hear this! I have a friend who had to have in vitro twice and now just found out she's pregnant AND she's 24 weeks along!" Suddenly, from 2 tables over a voice pops up, "Are you talking about Cecelia Tencza?" See, all along another friend of mine who had recently moved to San Antonio from Houston, was at the same crop and hearing this story she couldn't believe there were 2 people on the planet were too stupid not to realize they were pregnant until 24 weeks. So now a room of about 30 women, 2 of which I know, are now discussing my life and how anyone can be so stupid as to not know they are pregnant at 24 weeks. Yes, I will tell that story sometime, it really is a good one.

It truly is a small world. I haven't met anyone here in Australia who knows someone who was at that crop but if I did, I can't say it would shock me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Finding out at 24 weeks is GREAT! You are already past the worrisome stage and you are already halfway. I wish I could have been so lucky my 3rd time around :) Happy Friday (probably already Sat. when you read this, but what the heck) -Tara