Friday, July 25, 2008

My Son Became a GUY Yesterday

Yep, a GUY. Right before my eyes. Yesterday we went to Physio and Malcolm was working on his arm. By the way, in Australia this is pronounced MAH-sage, heavy emphasis on the MAH, rather than mah-SAGE. It's a little weird when you first hear it and VERY weird when you hear your son say it.

But Malcolm is working away, and it does hurt a bit, so Teddy is wincing a bit. To take his mind off it we start talking about how Malcolm loves to torture 7 year old boys. Ha, ha, ha. Now, we're in an open room, the tables are separated by curtains, only no one has the curtains pulled. VERY OPEN. So Malcolm and I start teasing Teddy some more about what great fun it is going after the 7 year olds. Teddy yells out, "Oiy! (yeah, they say that here too) I think you guys should torture 38 year olds!"

That's right, my son just shrieked out my age to the entire room! Me being me, I sputtered, "Oh, I KNOW you did NOT just shout my age out for this whole room to hear!" Which of course he did, again! Trying not to squeeze the life out of his ankle, that was as far as I could reach on him, I said, "Boy, you'd better get smarter or else you'll NEVER get a girl" Malcolm, the turncoat said, "Oiy...I have a girl, you're better off without one!" Then a huge man vs. women argument erupted in the room amongst the 5 or 6 of us there. With Teddy smiling all the way.

I told Ted the story last night and laughed about Teddy being a dumb ass but secretly I know he was saying, "That's my boy!!!!!!" Yeah, like I need a paternity test with this one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it was fun at Malcolm's yesterday. I've taken the hands-off approach and only go to make appointments and pay. With regards to the conversation, I'm siding with Teddy on this one ...

Judie