Monday, July 21, 2008

Keep an Eye on the Wackos

Apparently there is a radio jock in the States on AM radio with a program that is saying that Autism is a crock. That it's kids who's parents don't give them a crack when they act up. I'm not going to say his name, well, because it's just what this asshole wants. I bet he has his minions scour the web looking for every time his name is mentioned. So he won't find it here.

But I will say this one thing...then I will work hard to forget that this moron breathes. I wish to God he was right. I wish, more than anything it was my lack of parenting that makes my daughters lives so difficult and their future so uncertain. I wish it was my fault every time Connor gets "stuck" on a phrase and repeats herself 10, 12 times until I can get her to break the pattern. That if I was more like June Cleaver I would be able to help her remember where her brother is 5 minutes after we take him to school. I hope against hope that when Tessi is in Minute 46 of a screaming meltdown over nothing that I could simply pop her on the butt and have her "toe the line" Sadly, it doesn't work that way. Autism affects so many children in so many ways that imbeciles like this radio guy think they "know" that it must be a hoax.

Personally, I'm glad there are jackasses like this guy in the public eye. At least I can see this one. I know who he is and I can raise my children to look at him and laugh. Point out how easy it is to have no talent, nothing important to say and to be morally bereft and still make a living. Maybe I shouldn't be so worried about Connor and Tessi, Hell if this guy can get paid to work ANYONE can. The dangerous thing is that his listeners may not be wise enough to see what a twit he is. I'm waiting for the flurry of emails from well-meaning friends who want to point out to me that , "See, this guy says it's so, it must be true" or my favorite, "Any child would behave the same as Connor or Tessi, it's just the age" They don't live day in and day out in my world so they can say my children are fine, just "acting up" but if they had to live 24 hours in my shoes...well, let's just say...I wouldn't wish that on them...not even that asshole on the radio.

So there's my rant for the day. For those of you who recognize who I'm talking about, please do a little research on your own...don't take my word...actually look at what is going on in the world for all Autistics...before you decide to agree or disagree with him. For myself...this is the last I intend to write about him. People like him do not deserve a second thought. I'd rather write more about my beautiful children, they are worth more than anything in the world.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was waiting for him to add ADHD kids to the mix. Surely he missed a great chance there! Then he could piss off an even greater percentage of the population. Oh, and I've got an ADHD kid WITH asthma. Wonder what that makes me???

Judie

Anonymous said...

Judie took the words right out of my mouth before I had a chance to. I know ADHD is not as severe nor mysterious (in my opinion) as Autism but I do get tired of people telling me its Noah's diet or the lack of structure, etc. Please, I am Ms. Concrete Sequential. Well worded post Cecelia and you girls are gifts! True gifts and I miss them and you all dearly! - Tara

Unknown said...

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/07/24/rep-doyle-if-mr-savage-wants-to-find-someone-acting-like-a-moron-he-should-simply-look-in-the-mirror/

Doing my part...


-Mike G in Round Rock

Unknown said...

Thank you all for your comments. Just when I start to get discouraged about humanity it helps to read your words and know that there are decent people out there. Thank you so much.