Monday, November 24, 2008

Yes! The Weekend is Over

When you are a mom the work week takes on a whole new meaning. I love Monday mornings, just love 'em! Friday? Eh...not so much. This weekend in particular....very, very glad it's over. Ted's tooth has been killing him since Wed. so all through the weekend he was utterly drugged up just to not be in gut-wrenching pain. Friday and Sat. night Teddy had a friend stay over. The boys were good, it's just that I have to be on duty a few more hours than normal and that's never good.

Saturday's cricket game started off with of course...pouring straight down drought. Ted stayed home so I had the kids and was following a friend because she knew how to get to the oval. Which was good because not only was the oval not in the place it said it was on the map - it was actually named something else entirely. Hey Rand McNally! You got a booming business opportunity over here! Correct maps will sell MILLIONS over here. Hell, I'll buy 3 or 4 just for the fun of it!

The rest of the day and yesterday had a bunch of drought, whiny children, an outright rude 8 year old and general misery in the house. I managed to escape for a bit on Sat to go to a craft warehouse sale. Hey, who cares if Ted was in pain, right? Yeah, not one of my better wife moments. Sorry about that.

But today is a new week. A glorious Monday. While the rest of the planet sits and grouses over the start of another hum drum week I say, "Yeah verily! It is MONDAY, let us REJOICE!" 3 Children in school, a husband going to the dentist and me embracing some silence. You keep your Friday Happy Hour, I got Monday Quiet Time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha, I'm sitting reading this on Monday morning in Texas whilst my two children (who are both out of school for Thanksgiving for the entire WEEK) are fighting ;)

Jealous much? I thought not. Enjoy the silence...