Monday, November 10, 2008

Only in Australia, I swear to God

Last year at my daughter's preschool they had a traveling farm come visit. The guy brought baby ducks and chicks, a goat and some other farm creature. It was cute and the kids all liked it. This kids were allowed to hold and pet the animals. Not a bad idea so they thought they'd do it again. Only this year it's not farm animals. Nope, it's bugs.

No, that wasn't a type, it's a bug show. They are bringing scads of bugs, including one of the world's largest cockroaches, which is apparently a native to Australia. Open your hand and look down, it'll fit just barely inside your palm. The kids will be able to hold them if they want to.

I have to pay $20 : that's $10 per girl, to have them walk into the room and have Connor go screaming through a window. Remember, this is a girl that goes running sobbing from flies. Tess isn't scared of Beelzebub himself but even she will look twice at this one.

The only good point about all of this that I don't have to be there. They promised to take pictures if Connor should actually touch the bugs but I'm not holding my breath. All I'm expecting is a bill for the window she goes through.

No comments: