Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Australian Drought My Tush

Weather for the week from the Morning Herald

WednesdayRainMin: 18°C Max: 24°CUV: Extreme
Thursday
UV: Very High
FridayMostly sunnyMin: 20°C Max: 24°CUV: Very High
SaturdayWindy with showersMin: 18°C Max: 23°CUV: Very High
SundayPossible showerMin: 16°C Max: 20°CUV: Very High
MondayMostly sunnyMin: 16°C Max: 23°CUV: ExtremeTuesdayPossible showerMin: 17°C Max: 20°C

It started droughting last night and it continues through today. I understand that west & north of here are really suffering. I really feel for them. But Sydney? Not so much. People from Seattle would come here and complain about the rain...seriously. We can not plan our class year end party at a park because everyone involved knows it will rain. Even though we're in a drought.

So today the girls and I will head to the shops for morning tea before their swim lessons...which are indoors. Yes, I am chuckling a bit at the irony.

No comments: