Monday, November 17, 2008

And So Begins Another Week

I've come to love Mondays, I really do. The beginning of a new week, almost a big Life Do-over. Today is going to be a good one. I have to stay home instead of my normal activities. Connor has a make up prep-for school program so I have to be around to ferry her to it and back to preschool. That means that I'll have about 3 hours combined today where I can decide what to do. Woo Hooo! Be still my beating heart!

Since we're at less than 40 days until Christmas I hopefully will use this time wisely to work on Christmas projects I have going. I doubt I will, but I'm hopeful about it. Tessi doesn't have speech therapy tonight so I don't have to worry about dragging the kids to that and Ted is working late and going to his office basketball game. He needs to help redeem the company honor as last time they were beaten 32-20. No, that's not a typo. I can't even really make fun of it too much - it's just too shameful. Geeks playing basketball is hilarious, Aussie geeks who know nothing about basketball playing in an office tournament should be outlawed. Really, at some point you really have to wonder what is the point?

I will be trying to figure out some stuff to fill the day. I have a meeting scheduled with Teddy's principal after school starts this morning to try to convince her that we need to advertise a bit more for the school. I think we're in danger of becoming too small. We'll see what she thinks - hopefully I can convince her that I'm more than just the crazy yank.

5 comments:

DarthTed said...

In fairness, the team has almost no Aussies. Two Germans, two Americans, one Scot, one Brazilian, and one Aussie.

Unknown said...

Oh yeah...THAT improves things.

Linnia said...

Would it help if I brought 4 kids to the school in 2010?

Unknown said...

Would be better if it was 2009!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for starting the day by having the kids sing to me. It was AWESOME!!!