Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Huntsman Spider Picture


Ok, for those of you, I mean the 2 of you in the world that are interested, here is a picture of the Huntsman spider I wrote about in my last post. This guy (alright, it may be a girl but I'm NOT checkin') has been living on my back patio for about 2 months now. He only comes out at night and usually stays right in this corner. I have been told by several Aussies that this is a SMALL one. Yes, ladies and gentleman, a SMALL one. You should know that the board he is resting on is a 2X6.

Now before you start scraping Australia off your globes with your finger nails please keep this in mind...while I am terrified of this sucker...he/she/it is benign. Doesn't bite at all. In fact, I saw this guy eat a cockroach, which as you know, is one of my mortal enemies. So I figure I'll just cry out "Bygones" as I race by and let this guy get to work. If it means that after dark I won't go near the carport or the shed then so be it.


No comments: