Monday, April 27, 2009

Dog Vs. Kids

Growing older I have found that there really are few mysteries of Life. I think that a person is born, lives and then dies. What happens in between is a series of events that occur based upon the individuals personal beliefs, how they were raised, what random events have helped shape their personality, degree of good health, wealth, and general scenarios that shape and mold what we see and how we feel. There's no great mystery to figuring out that a poor person has to work harder at succeeding in the world than say a very wealthy person. Seriously, you don't need to be a sociology genius to figure that sucker out. Occasionally though we stumble across some situations that a bit more puzzling and that's when we all start questioning the meaning of life.

For me right now my question is to whether or not the dog is actually working with the kids to try and drive me insane of it's some sort of unholy race between the two groups. If so, what is the prize for finally driving me off the cliff?

Sasha is doing a lot better in the house and we seem to be getting along better with her. Except the chewing...the other day she ate a box of strepsils (throat lozenges) and left the chewed up remains on my bed. Today she dug out and ate Teddy's rugby league ball, rugby union ball and tried to eat the AFL ball too before I got to her. This was after I gave her hell for taking the end off of a Cinderella headband, Connor's mermaid slipper and several pieces to the kitchen set of the Barbie house. As I was skyping with my dad today he got see me dragging an ink cartridge box out of her mouth and now I have to figure HOW she managed to unlock the crate door and escape while I went to pick up Tessi from school.

Not to be outdone, Connor has picked no less than 6 fights with me today, ranging from tights, appropriate shoes for cold weather, to being willing to pick out a birthday present for her sister, to what to have for morning tea and how many times she can ask for something when I say no. Tessi was home for 2 minutes before she was in a screaming match with Connor leveling the ultimate insult, "I NOT your friend and you CAN'T come to my cooking birthday party!" Connor countered with, "I can EASILY come to your party; I LIVE HERE!" Actually, I give her props for that response. Pretty clever and she's right. Teddy, level-headed Teddy, can be counted on in these situations to help set things right. "Mommy, have you seen the remote, I want to play the Wii?" Of course all this is happening as I'm in the kitchen trying to start dinner and cleaning up the cous cous that Sasha spilled all over the floor in her 15 minute "Born Free" unchecked rampage through the house.

So I know they are deliberately trying to drive me mad, I really just wonder now how organized the plot has become. If it is fairly organized do they have t-shirts and can I get one? I'll have to see if I can sneak into one of the meetings.

No comments: