Tuesday, February 17, 2009

This Child will in fact be the DEATH of me

I should blame myself but honestly I think I'll just blame Tessi.

After dropping off Connor and Teddy at school Tessi and I made a mad dash to the shops. Why you ask? Well apparently my son was in desperate need of a red pen. Yes, a red pen. No matter that no such thing was on his list of school supplies, no, no. Apparently Mr. Barling said yesterday that they should all get their red pens and everyone on the entire planet stood up in unison and shouted, "Yes, Mr. Barling, we all have our red pens and we're better students for it!"....everyone except Teddy. Poor Teddy who is now a social outcast, nay, a hopeless social outcast who has no hope of ever having a meaningful life because he did not have a red pen.

So now I've bought the damn pen. I'm sure it's the wrong one but it's red. He'll have to learn to live with injustice of it all. But in rushing to get to the shops I hurriedly packed Tessi's bag for swim lessons - to immediately follow shops. Driving down the street Tessi starts to cry, "Oh no! I need my goggles!" I said they were in the bag and she screamed, "NOOOOOOO - all gone!!!" I must not have repacked it after our family pool venture on Sunday. So I tell Tessi she can swim without them and then of course I might as well have poured gasoline on her. We get the the shops, buy the pen, get morning tea and head to lessons. At the pool I go up the clothing section and spy goggles. Oh happy day. Only $15. Sigh....ok...they are special for short people and they are good ones and I really, really don't want to listen to any more shrieking. I buy the stinkin' things and off we go to the bench to get her dressed to go into the pool.

That's when I pulled out her swimsuit and not one...but TWO DAMN PAIRS OF GOGGLES. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I should have checked. I know. But for some reason I really thought they were gone.

Still, she is sooooooooo lucky she is cute and today she jumped in the water and went completely under water. Otherwise WHACK! Out to the curb...

No comments: