Tuesday, February 3, 2009

It's Official...I have Done it

My children have all made it through the afternoon and to bed alive. We had a good hour stretch where no one; including the children, thought that was going to happen but in the end I pulled it off. This is all after Tessi's 45 minute explosive meltdown in the parents room at Westfield shops. That was a winner in many regards. The dog also is still breathing and considering her penchant for Cinderella shoes, stuffed animals, socks and LEGOS this is also a bonafide miracle.

My work is done. The wine is chilled and I'm off to surf the net. Tomorrow all three of the kinder will be in school for many hours and I will attempt to become a person again rather than the raging evil troll mom my children have all come to know and loathe. As I pointed out to a seriously shocked Teddy this afternoon, "I am not here to make it easier for you to play DS and the computer" I swear to God, he was genuinely surprised by this revelation. AT LEAST he was wise enough not to ask me why I am here. Then I may have been forced to kill him. As it was he lost the DS and computer for the rest of the night.

No comments: