Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Sydney Scorcher Begins

It's been wretchedly hot and humid for days here. Really yucky. Reminds me of Texas, but not in a good way because I hate the heat. It's going to get worse here. We're looking at a high of low 40's here on Sat. which translates roughly to about 105 and humidity of about 75%. Which means it's hot and there's no air in the air. I've already told Teddy's cricket manager that if the game can't be moved to 8 am rather than 10:30 we will not be there. It's just too rough on the kids. The coach wants to cancel it outright but right now the association is playing the wait and see game. I guess I can't blame them. You don't want to cancel just to have a cold front move through. However I've made my decision so forget that. No WAY am I sitting in that weather. Just getting through today was enough to have me serve McDonald's and ice blocks (popsicles) for dinner. Oh yes I did. My mother is spinning in her grave, but I did.

Connor is doing well in school. Her teacher told me yesterday that if she didn't know that Connor was Autistic, she wouldn't know. That's pretty amazing to me. Just 3 years ago we didn't know if Connor would be able to graduate high school, now she's a young kindergardener and doing well. I'm really proud of her.

Well I'm off to bed. Tomorrow is a long day and Ted doesn't come home until Sunday. Cheers!

No comments: