Thursday, February 5, 2009

I'm Now One of THOSE Moms


In Yea Oldy Days I swore I would never be one of THOSE mothers who had silly pictures of their kids. I mean really, fake magazine cover shots of your kid? Come on, get a life. Yet here it is. Teddy's team cricket pictures came today and I was proud to buy the one of cover picture and the one with his picture on a fake ticket. In fact, I bought the whole package. I can't wait to mail them to people. If nothing else I am still in a bit of shock that a child of mine plays cricket! I mean, how bizarre is that?!

I watched the chick flick, "Becoming Jane" the other day and in one scene there was a cricket game. Jane got up and hit the ball and I thought, "Oh, she hit a 6!" I mean, I KNEW WHAT SHE DID! Holy Hell! 2 Years ago I probably would have said, "Are they playing cricket or is that Lacrosse?" Alright, maybe not, but it would have been close.

My kid plays cricket and maybe someday that magazine cover will be real. Maybe not. Either way, he looks great.

No comments: