Monday, February 2, 2009

2 Down, 1 to Go





























Several days late but 2 of my children are in primary school now. Teddy started on Wed. and Connor on the 29th. The start Kindy with kid gloves here. Individual appointment start times spread out over 2 days so each child gets hand greated byt their teacher. It's nice. Really, really nice.

Connor was a trooper. She marched right like she owned the place and waved good bye and walked off. She just loves her teacher and I must say that I think she's pretty wonderful too. I'm still scared to death about her but that's ok. I'll just try to enjoy how well she is doing now.

Teddy is in Year 3 and is in absolute heaven. He got Mr. Barling, who normally teaches Year 6 and has about 5 of his nearest and dearest friends...plus some girls he's willing to tolerate. I asked him if he wanted me to walk him up to the top quad (years 3 and up go to a different area to play) and he snorted and said no. Then I asked if he wanted me to wait until the bell rang and also got a no. Then...the ultimate refusal. I asked for a kiss and hug and while spinning on his heel he exclaimed, "Yeah, whatever" Little twerp. I went through 36 hours of labor for THAT? Yeah, I suppose I did.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The kids look so fabulous in their school uniforms! And Connor just looks so happy to be there...

Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

Is the hat part of the uniform? I want hair like Connor's.