Friday, July 10, 2009

Why Can't Parenting Be Fun?

Or should I say disciplining children? I mean why do I have to sit and listen to shrieks upon shrieks upon shrieks just because Connor has decided that she's going to teach me a lesson? She's been crying since last night; ever since I had she needed to eat her veggies. By veggies I mean two kernals of corn. She went to bed early, she's had no breakfast this morning, she's lost her canteen order, she's sitting in the hall while her siblings play game and she is determined to win.

I offered a compromise, eat one kernal and her response that she think it would be more fair for her to not eat the corn and to get her canteen order today. So by fair I'm guessing she's shooting for a total win. Not exactly the compromise I had in mine. In 30 minutes she will be Mrs. Kayes' problem. Kindergarden teachers deserve combat pay.

No comments: