Wednesday, July 8, 2009

To All of Those Who are Sick With Laughter...

...I mean sick with concern over the cake baking incident.

I don't know what the Hell I was thinking when I was pouring the oil. I got done and suddenly thought, man, I don't remember EVER using that much oil in a cake mix before. Then I thought, "Maybe it's an Aussie thing" Then I remembered that it was one of the mixes that Ted brought over so it was a regular cake.

Yes, I did bake it. There was a little batter left over so I also baked a very small cake to taste. Yes it did form a solid-like substance. Definitely solid. Almost a gelatinous form. I gave it to the kids to try. No, I wasn't going to try it myself first. They wolfed it down and asked for more. But to be fair unless I said it was broccoli cake they would do that. Not seeing kids drop over I knew it was safe to try so I did as they say, give it a go. Not bad but a decidedly odd texture.

So I'm going to use to make birthday boy's cake. I took the big cake and froze it so I could get it ready to frost in a few days. He said he didn't want a whole lot of cake this year so as the ever-dutiful wife I am humbly compliant.

No comments: