Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Another Day in the Trenches

I suppose really, this is what motherhood is....a kind of a battlefront. Each day I wake up, survey the damage of the field, prioritize resources, rouse the troops, deploy, battle the day on multiple front lines, in variably retreat and recoup and then rest a bit and plan for another attack. Sounds good but we'll never get anywhere until the government gives me real defense funding.

Anyway, here we are again. Took kids to Darling Harbour yesterday and went to Wild Life World. Not too bad. A couple issues with crying and whining, not all from me. By far the funniest moment was when Tessi asked to go stand by a wall and I THOUGHT look at a empty outback exhibit. Turns out she didn't see the glass wall and BOOM hit it full force with her forehead. She wanted to sit on the pretty red rocks. It took everything I had not to fall apart laughing. She was so mad that she refused to sit on the wombat statue for a picture. I'm sorry, I'm aware this makes me a bad mother, but man was that funny.

We came home exhausted, as you do and now of course, I'm sick. Nothing serious, just a cold with a huge dose of laryngitis. Should make the kids happy as I don't have a sound over a course whisper. Fortunately I have one in preschool and one in a cricket camp. That will help.

Good news, found out that Damn Dog is not now a ferocious killer. Well she is, just not a danger to humans. The vet called last night and talked to Ted. Apparently the unfortunate guinea pig massacre has no bearing on her status as a kids dog. He's known many a dog of Sasha's breed to be perfect for kids and family yet be on wanted posters for rodents and the like. Still thinking of changing her name to Cujo. It just seems to work.

Off to rouse the troops. I wonder if Patton ever had laryngitis?

No comments: