Sunday, January 25, 2009

New Dog

I'd love to post pictures of our new dog but alas Mozilla is still a piece of junk. It won't let me upload pictures to Blogspot. Grrr. Those of you who are my friends on Facebook please go check out the newest Tencza.

Yesterday we drove to East Gosford to the home of a dog foster mom who works for a rescue service for senior dogs. She had Sasha, a german shepard that she rescued about 1 month ago from the pound just as she was about to be euthanized. We're really not sure how old Sasha is. She was listed as 8 but her foster mom thinks she's about 3-7. Ted's convinced she's a 6 month-old puppy. Huge paws and very active. She doesn't know any commands but she's learning. Her coat had to be shaved because while in the pound she wasn't treated well by other dogs and was beaten up and biten to the point that she had abscesses. When her hair grows back she will be quite the fluffy dog.

Teddy is utterly in love with the dog. He is helping with her training and making sure she has food and water. Last night he slept on the couch with her just so she wouldn't be lonely. Connor is still afraid but she's trying very hard because she wants to pet her badly. Tessi is thilled and keeps walking behind the dog giving her orders. It's hilarious to watch.

I still miss Rugger. I still tear up when I say her name. I think that I always will. But I have to save a little room in my heart for a dog that was almost killed because no one loved her. Because now we all love her.

No comments: