Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy Australia Day!

Today is the anniversary of the First Fleet sailing into Sydney Harbour bringing the English and some very chapped prisoners. So of course Australians commemorate this historic moment with beer, wine and sausages. I love this country.

We are hosting an Australian Day BBQ. I invited people with an e-vite asking them to come celebrate Australia Day with people who know how to tell the Queen to bugger off. I guess I am forever the Ugly American. I'm really looking forward to today because we've invited some great friends who are lots of fun and all of our kids play together well. It's a match made in heaven. Better yet, I don't feel I have to scrub the house down for these people. They are good friends and are ok with clutter. Or if they're not, they are excellent at hiding it! Either way, just a little work and a lot of fun. What a great way to spend the day. Now if only I could get them to join in a chorus of the "Star Spangeld Banner" We'll see after the 5th round what kind of songs we're singing.

No comments: