Saturday, December 27, 2008

Merry Christmas & Happy Boxing Day

3 hours to open all the presents Chrstimas morning. 3 hours. My God. That should tell you how much stuff was under the tree. It's a complete madhouse here. Of course Teddy's favorite present it the Wii. I have to say, it is really cool. I got Wii Fit and if Teddy ever lets me get near the Wii I might be able to really enjoy it. Connor got a doll house which has been HYSTERICAL listening to her play with it. "I have to go to the pizza shops - if you're bad while I'm gone I'm going to be very sad with you!"

Connor and Tessi got a bunch of princess dolls and I can't help myself - every time I walk by the doll house I put Ariel in the bath tub. I don't want her to start molting or something. Tessi got a bunch of things but has no real favorite. If you ask her she'll say, "Presents!" So it's all good.

For Boxing Day we had 2 sets of friends come over so last night we had 18 for dinner. It was a zoo and it was wonderful. Really. A ton of food, wine and fabulous conversation and the kids running every which way. I just loved it. Australians are right for mandating the day after Christmas as a holiday - it just works.

So Merry Christmas everyone and Happy Boxing Day. Now I'm off to figure out how to pry the Wiimote out of Teddy's hand and hose off the back patio.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We love our Wii. We've got the Wii-Fit too. With the new batch of Wii games we got for Xmas, it'll be difficult to block time for us.

Nice report!