Tuesday, December 2, 2008

New Parenting Style: Playing Apart

Well, it's new to me.

They have been home together for 1 hour and all 3 have taken turns to come to rat out the other one at least twice. So now they are all allowed to play, but not with each other. Can't talk to each other, can't touch each other, can't be around each other. Now I'm yelling out every 30 seconds or so, "Stop talking to each other!" Really, the irony is a bit staggering.

At least I've done something. Wouldn't say it was necessarily constructive or even helpful, but I've done something. Next threat is the Santa card. Teddy still talks in horror about the time I called Santa 2 Christmas' ago from my cell phone because he was being a snot. May just call and say the whole fam damily has converted to Judaism. Wait until Teddy and Connor hear that they only get 8 presents. Connor will pass out.

Off to parent now. Don't want to but I feel a slight obligation. S L I G H T

No comments: