Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Time to Speak

8 months or so since my last blog.  Not a new league record, but it'll do.  I communicate mainly by FB and IM and TXT (SMS) now.  However lately several people have been trying to encourage me to blog again.  Maybe because I need something kind of big, just for myself.  I love my sewing and my woodworking but there never seems to be enough time.  I'm at the computer a lot anyway, maybe 5 minutes here and there would help me get my voice back.


You see, I'm funny.  Everyone tells me so.  I'm a master of one liners, particularly smart ass ones.  But it's all a front.  I come up with my funny quips so most people won't think to or care to ask about what's really going on.  I think if I tell people the truth well...I'm pretty sure they will go running off into the street screaming.  Run away screaming from shock of what I really think or disgust.  At least that's what I think will happen.  Too gutless really to actually talk to anyone.  My friend Penny knows some of my truths.  She's the one who really wants me to write more.  I wonder though if she would be able to handle all of my thoughts.  Ted knows the most but even he is sheltered.  We will see.

I'm off today for a 1 night night trip to Mudgee with Ted.  We haven't been alone together away since we were in Texas a year and 4 months ago.  I have to say I'm really nervous.  I hope we come back still liking each other.

Teddy is off on a camping trip - one which he does NOT want to go to.  Homo Novis is too evolved to rough it.  At least he'll be out with friends and away from the computer.  A bug for him but a feature for me.  Connor and Tessi will be staying with Penny.  I hope Penny will be speaking to me when we get back.

My next go with this blog is to redesign the site.  I want to incorporate American and Australian pictures and thoughts.  I'm been working on becoming more tech saavy.  Hopefully I can figure out something!

I'm still a mom.  I'm still an American living in Australia.  I'm hoping that will be enough fodder to write something intelligent and entertaining.  If you've met my 3 kids you'd know that they certainly give me enough material!

No comments: