Sunday, January 29, 2012

High Stupidity Level is Probable

Yep, I'm doing it again.  Adding another factor into the fray and seeing what happens.  I'm buying a fish tank.  It's small.  It's pre-owned and cheap.   In fact, here's a link to it. 
http://sydney.gumtree.com.au/c-Pets-pet-supplies-pet-products-Aquarium-Starter-Set-Fish-Tank-W0QQAdIdZ346801218

All I will need to do is get water, fish and some fish food and we should be good.  Now the real reason...why.  No real easy answer.  I'm not in love with fish, but I do find it soothing to watch them.  That's about all for my interest.  The kids will like buying the fish and fighting over which fish to get and which cool tank accessory to get.  They will argue over you gets to feed the fish for about 3 days and then I will be yelling at them to feed the fish.  Ted couldn't care less if he actively tried.

Probably it will be Monty the cat who likes the fish the most.  I figure it will be his new big screen tv since the pot-bellied stove broke.  He's not one for water so I'm hoping he doesn't take up diving for his lunch.

So maybe the real reason is that I'm looking for something new.  School is starting, everyone will be back off into their own schedules and I can't do all the big changes I want.  No money for new couches or  university classes I want to take, the diamonds for my wedding ring, an iPad, holiday in Melbourne or to buy a new house but fish...yeah, I can do a couple fish.  Especially as cheap as this. But I do have to watch because I don't want to turn this into another money drainer.  That's where the stupidity factor comes in.  A couple fish to watch putter around and listen to the pump make noise.  That's it.  Well, maybe a cool ship wreck statue for the fish to swim around.  That's definitely it.  A light.  A small one so I can watch it at night.  Absolutely the end.  Nothing else.

I was wrong, I'm willing to bet that Ted does care right now.  A lot.

No comments: