Monday, May 24, 2010

Finding a House

I've moved around my whole life.  Enough times, in fact, that a lot of people assumed we were military.  We're not.  My folks just moved a lot.  As an adult, I move too.  The sad thing is most times I don't even want to...it just works out that way.

I really had hoped to only move one more time in my life.  But no joy.  We're going to another rental.  Ok, so here we are searching and once again I have found the perfect house.  Sadly, it's in 3 different locations.  Every house we lok at has "something" off about it.  Something that really doesn't work for us.  Unfortunatley time is running out for us and I hyperventilate every time I see the calendar so perfect is no longer a goal, manageable is what we need.

House #1 - Perfect location.  It's in Normanhurst, it's the same street as 3 people I know, one of whom is a dear friend.  PENNY, this is you.  Seriously, it's a dream.  Ted can still walk to the train, I could conceivably walk the kids to school.  I won't, but I can say that I can.  The downside is that it's a bit small.  There are enough rooms but it's small.  The fridge won't fit in the kitchen but it'll work in the dining area.  I have a nice fridge and I'm NOT giving it up.  The laundry is below the house and thanks to my elbow I won't be able to carry laundry up and down the steps...so that will be an issue.  But it's a nice house, with a nice yard. 

House#2 _ House is great.  Huge, extra rooms, Gigantic master bedroom with REAL closets.  Yard is good, not great but a good size.  Locations is eh.  Not sure how Ted will catch the bus, have to work on that.

House #3.  House is mirror image of house #2 - must be same designer.  Only, it's ever so much smaller.  It doesn't have 2nd living area and upstairs feels cramped.  It has a pool.  This would be a dream for the kids.  A living dream.  The bus stop is 2 houses away.  Bad side is that it's on a very busy street.  Really busy.

So if we take the second house, plus the pool of the 3rd house and put it on the location of the 1st house, we're good.

Since that's not going happen we have to learn to settle.  I'm hoping we get the Normo one.  Dear God, please don't anyone ever tell Teddy about the house with the pool.  I'll never live that one down.

2 comments:

Owens Family said...

I really hope you get the first one! Location sounds great, and you can't pass up living by friends. Not that you wouldn't make friends with your neighbors in the other two houses, but go with the sure thing! I have to admit the fridge in the dining area makes me wince a little, lol, but in the scheme of life, it's obviously not important. Hope something works out!

Sunshine and Shadows said...

Good luck on finding the right house. Moving is hard.