Monday, May 4, 2009

To be Blunt...I Rule.

It's amazing what 10 hours of continuous sleep and a day with no children can do for you and your abilities to do things. Waking up at 6:50 am (yes, Friends, that IS sleeping in) I managed to feed and water 3 kids and a dog. I had a 20 minute argument with Connor about letting me do her hair, set out hers and Teddy's lunches for THEM to pack in their backpacks. Only told Teddy 4 times to put his shoes on and helped Connor fill out her News Day slip. Get 3 children to different schools.
Then the work began. I went to the shops, sent my cell phone back to be repaired, bought food to make for dinner, had a chat with neighbors MIL who is very nice and very lonely, shopped for remaining goody bag fillers for Connor's party and drove home.
Did 3 loads of laundry and hung them. Yes, they're still on the line...stuff it..I'm on a roll. Then I worked on the 4th dress I have to make and now I'm within 1 hours work of having all 4 princess/dance dresses done for the party. I baked one of the cakes needed for Connor's dance floor cake. Then I rearranged the living room and moved 3 book cases - including two 7 footers onto opposite walls and cleaned and swept the room. Then I went and picked up 3 children from 2 different schools and for I grilled chicken and sun-dried tomatoes on the GRILL (I NEVER do this) and had dinner and even got the kids to eat a bite...then fed them cabonossi...again stuff it...at least they ate something and I was by myself because Ted had to work late. I have the second cake in the oven and it should be done in 10 minutes. I have 30 minutes until the girls go to bed, another 30 after that until Teddy is down and then I may colapse on the floor in a messy heap.
But at least I can say I did SOMETHING today.

1 comment:

Owens Family said...

Yep, that's blog worthy! Way to be productive!