Wednesday, May 20, 2009

New Parenting Moment

I'm really annoyed at Teddy right now. I mean really. He accused me this morning of lying to him. What did I lie about? Well, last night I said we'd have pasta for dinner and when he got home from rugby we had tacos. I said I couldn't find the pasta so I made tacos. This was all while I was having a killer sinus headache.

This morning he opens the pantry and low and behold there is the pasta. We were just all joking about the best way to score more food from me while I'm working the canteen at school today. Next thing I know he's calling me a liar and that there was pasta there all the time. He was honestly angry with me for lying about the pasta. Only I didn't, I couldn't find it in the pantry and Ted last night dug it out for me and put it where I could find it.

When did we leave the point where he loved me unconditionally and believed in me 100% and move to the point where I'm a liar and hoarding the pasta? Honestly, this is one of those sad moments for me. Obviously I still love him but I feel that there is now a little divide between us that wasn't there before.

I'm soooooo not giving him any freebies at the canteen today unless he says, "I love you Mommy Darling" in front of his friends.

1 comment:

Judie said...

Must have really hated the tacos, but only figured that out after the 3rd one! All I can say is, he's 8, and a boy. It's an interesting combo.