Saturday, May 16, 2009

Things that Damn Dog Eats

I really didn't want a puppy. I believe I've mentioned that before. Sasha, the 5 year old puppy, has reached new levels of absurdity in her eating.
Apples - she jumped up and grabbed an apple that Teddy was dangling in front of her ran back to her crate and snarfed it down...core and all.
Cupcakes in ice cream cones - hit the motherload with this one. Popped up on the counter and found tray with cupcakes going to Connor's class party and very daintily ripped out 2 of them and snarfed them down before anyone was the wiser. Yes, I know dogs can't eat chocolate. Easy there PETA....I'm doing my best to keep it away from her.
Cricket training ball - fortunately it's made of sturdy stuff and I was able to rescue it before she really went to town.
Rolls - any random hot dog rolls, hamburger rolls, dinner rolls.
Cinderella dress shoes - self explanatory
LEGOS - again, you can figure this one out.
Barbie Pediatrician doll - ripped the legs off and spit the bits all over...making a statement?
Hair Bows, Hairbands, etc...again, I think you can figure that out
Any cardboard she can find. Wrappers to things, boxes she rips up
Water, soda, fabric softener bottles - ooooh, these are winners to her. Walks around with them in her mouth before sitting down and ripping them to shreds.
Kids expensive school water bottles - Anything we pay extra for seems to be very yummy.
Egg Shells - Yeah, that one surprised me too. She went into the trash and pulled them out and I found what was left in her crate.
Connor's underwear - So far it's only Connor's; not sure why she's playing favorites.
Socks - All manner and form of socks but especially the tasty $8 a pair school socks of Teddy's. Personally, I think Teddy is feeding her these ones.
Oh, and her dog food. Go figure.

What she doesn't like -
Leftover tea leaves from my cups of tea. I knocked the strainer off the counter and they spilled all over the floor and Damns Dog trotted up happily, gave a sniff, and walked off.
And that's it. She eats EVERYTHING ELSE.

At least she's cute...that's why she still breathes...

No comments: