Monday, May 25, 2009

Sick Days are No Fun

Even knowing that being home sick will bring no joy to his life, Teddy is home. So, he must be sick. I'm not one of those cool moms...if you're sick, you're in bed, no tv, no DS, no computer. In short...it sucks. A lot. Teddy started catching a cold yesterday and this morning woke up feverish and miserable. His education week concert is tomorrow so I figured keep him home today loaded up on drugs and maybe he'll be ok tomorrow.

I saw a friend at school, still had to take Connor in, who also has sick children. The one who wasn't sick was trying to convince that she was. Explained how I do things and both looked horror struck. Poor sick Teddy looked up at them with the, "Can I go to your house?" look. See, they get a free day. Home sick and you can do whatever you want. It's party time. Then again, her kids all like her and mine are actively plotting to drive me insane. She's a good mom. I'm a troll. That's cool. I'm ok with being the troll. Being the cool mom is overrated anyway.

I'm not totally heartless. I'll make cheese melts for lunch for him...he really likes those. And in the afternoon he can watch a little tv or but computer time. But not a lot. If I lose a child-free day; it has to cost someone something.

No comments: