Monday, March 16, 2009

Boomtown Rats Were Never SAHM's

I love Mondays, just LOOOOOOVVVVVEEEE them. It's the first day of the week and all 3, yes, all 3 are in school. Usually I have an all day appointment on Mondays but recently I've decided to start blowing that off fortnightly...er um, every other week for the non-Australians. So it's me, the house, Damn Dog and quiet. Well, quiet besides the washer, Damn Dog running around trying to find a spot to hide her bone and that nagging voice in my head telling me to get off the computer and do the dishes. But yes, by my standards, that is quiet. It helps when you lower your standards...a lot.

This morning I spent one hour in Connor's classroom and 1 hour in Teddy's classroom for reading groups. I take this time to help me re-evaluate any desire I may have to go for another degree in education. By the time I'm finished with the groups so is any desire to back for a degree in education. Man, teachers are UNDERPAID. Really. As a mom you start to think that you can handle all kids because you can handle yours. NOT TRUE! This is the first mistake you make. Then you spend the rest of the time trying to regroup and pull the kids back in under control without cursing (out loud), threatening and menacing and swearing...again. I don't know how teachers do it. My mom was a teacher and she always said that teaching was like the priesthood. You either had the calling or you didn't. She did. I do not. I still volunteer at my kids schools because they ask for volunteers but man...soooo not planning on becoming a teacher.

Now I'm off to do some actual work. No seriously. In a family of 5, 6 if you count damn dog and since I'm washing her bed today, I'm counting her, laundry never flippin' ends. Ever. Tomorrow is another house inspection - God I hate renting. So I'm cleaning up the large pieces of filth. Again, this is where the lowering of standards comes in quiet handy.

2 comments:

Owens Family said...

How'd the inspection go? I hear you on the laundry, but I still cannot imagine line-drying all of my clothes. We just got over a week-long stomach viurs and I think our washer/dryer was running nonstop! No time to wait for the air to dry it... :)

Unknown said...

On a warm day, ya know, 10 months of the year in San Antonio, the clothes will dry in about an hour. Seriously, it does not take longer than a dryer at all. But it is more of a pain in the ass.
The real estate again was late so when she walked up I left because I had to get the kids at school. So didn't leave any nasty notes so I'm calling it all good.